The most important step in a healthy lawn is proper nutrients and weed control in early Spring. Feeding your lawn properly at this time allows your lawn to be more drought stress tolerant due to a deep healthy root system. Using proper pre-emergent protects your lawn from unseen weeds lurking below the surface. The Green Team’s Step 1 and Step 2 have just the right balance of immediate release fertilizers, weed control pre-emergent and slow release fertilizers that feed your lawn for weeks after the fertilizers have been applied. This creates the foundation for a healthy, beautiful lawn all season long.
The Green Team’s experienced lawn fertilization managers have developed a seven step program that is modified as needed to fit your individual needs. The program is a comprehensive weed and insect control program as well as a deep root generating lawn fertilization program. Our philosophy is to work with you throughout the season to insure your lawn satisfaction.
- Early Spring- Your lawn receives an application of crabgrass control and balanced fertilizers are applied. Weeds are being treated as they become active.
- Late Spring- A second application of crabgrass control and balanced fertilizers are applied. We are treating weeds, and check your lawn for any diseases.
- Early Summer- We apply a balanced summer fertilizer to maintain a healthy lawn and improve color; weeds are also retreated and we check for surface insects, diseases, and grassy weeds and treat if needed.
- Grub Control- We apply Merit season-long grub control in conjunction with your early summer application.
- Late Summer- A balanced fertilizer is applied to maintain a healthy lawn and improve color. Weeds, diseases, grassy weeds and insects are checked for and treated as needed.
- Fall- A heavy fall fertilizer is applied to stimulate deep root growth and encourage new growth after summer stress. All end of season weeds, grassy weeds or diseases are treated as needed.
- Limestone- An application of brown pelletized limestone is applied to improve the soils pH.
One hassle-free program that includes everything your lawn will need through out the season. Your lawn will receive 2 separate applications of crabgrass control. 6 visits to assess and treat your lawn with the appropriate applications. Daily quotas are NOT required of personnel, which means more time spent on your lawn. Our program includes fungicide treatment for diseases as needed, at no additional charge. Privately owned and operated, so we work hard to keep your business. Each of our lawn technicians are licensed and experienced, allowing for proper analysis and treatment. Never any telemarketing to try to up-sell you additional services. The Green Team values your privacy and will never sell or give out your information
The Green Team’s program is customized to meet your lawn’s specific needs – that’s the advantage with our 7 step program. You will have a healthy, beautiful lawn all season long.
Organic Lawn care provides our clients with a much healthier alternative to traditional chemical based lawn care. The services we provide allow your family to experience a beautiful healthy lawn, garden, or entire landscape without the negative side effects of chemical based treatments. We partner with our clients on a journey that begins with a lawn detoxification and ends with receiving the healthiest possible environment your family and pets can enjoy.Organic Lawn care
HOW WE WORK
Synthetic chemical fertilizers are actually detrimental to grass growth in the long run. Rapid growth spurts force the grass to burn up energy reserves instead of storing them for harsh conditions. Chemical fertilizers are placed on the soil surface fostering shallow root growth. As the lawn dries out, thatch will build up and the end result is sterile soil, void of the necessary microbes, bacteria, and earth worms.
• Thatching, Aeration & Seeding
• Soil Contamination Testing
• Lawn and Garden Care & Fertilization
• Tree & Shrub Treatments
• Organic Vegetable Gardens
• Hazardous Insect Control
• Tick & Mosquito Spraying
• Pet Friendly Landscaping
• Green Landscaping Makeover
• Earth Friendly Mulches
• Lawn Irrigation Consultants
• LEED Certification Assistance
Slice Seeding – Lawns can have bare patches or thin turf for any number of reasons; drought, thatch build-up, disease or insect damage to name a few. When lawn renovation is needed, Slit seeding is done by a machine with slicing blades that cut through the thatch and open a slit 1/4-inch into the soil. The hopper then drops the seed into the slits. This method allows the grass seed to be planted directly into the soil, thus greatly enhancing germination.
• Cultivates soil
• Insures seed/soil contact for maximum germination rate
• Highest quality grass seed available
Aeration – Over time your soil naturally becomes compacted, leaving the subsoil undesirable for healthy lawn growth. Walking, playing, mowing, and watering compact particles reducing the air space necessary for root growth. Compaction is greatest in the upper 1 to 1 1/2 inches of soil and needs to be relieved by mechanical aeration. This mechanical process plugs 2-3 inch deep, finger size holes into the soil to improve the air, water, and nutrient exchange with your roots.
• Stimulates Root Growth
• Enhances Water Uptake
• Reduces Compaction
• Improves Oxygen Content
• Enhances Thatch Control
• Improves Nutrient Availability
Over seeding – (for established lawns) – this improves your turf density and incorporates more desirable grass types to better withstand disease, stress and insects. This process is greatly enhanced when performed with aeration.
Green works is currently serving the following towns: